5 Tips When Talking to Family/Friends about Kansas Adoption
Here are 5 tips when talking to family/friends about your Kansas adoption. You are an unplanned expectant mother, and right now, you are not ready to, or maybe you do not want a child. Remember that it’s okay to feel overwhelmed, scared, or nervous. After all, you have a child. You may be feeling that this unexpected news will cause mixed emotions to occur when letting your family and friends know about it. Therefore, you may want to hide this information from your closest individuals. However, options to help you safely bring your child into the world are through adoption. An adoption is an option for you to give a loving adoptive family a child of their own. If you are a birth mother in Kansas and have a similar experience or situation as this, choose Adoption Choices of Kansas.
Considering adoption is your choice, you may fear the reaction of your family and friends. Here are five tips to keep in mind when you decide on telling the people closest to you about your unplanned pregnancy.
Decide on a Kansas Adoption Plan
Adoption Choices of Kansas can help you with creating an adoption plan. All you have to do is go to our site and call the number for the nearest adoption agency in Missouri. You will be scheduled to consult with an adoption specialist, who will explain the entire process and the steps to get there.
Depending on your needs and how you are feeling about adoption, we have three plans.
- Open adoption is when you want to have an open relationship and communication with your child and the adoptive family through letters, visits, video, and phone calls.
- Closed adoption is when no personal information is exchanged between the adoptive family or yourself. Only the basic information to choose the adoptive family is provided, and you do not have to make any contact.
- Semi-open adoption is when some personal information and communication are open. There are some boundaries or limits, but you connect with your child and adoptive family.
Whichever situation you have on your hands, choose the one that best fits what you want to do after the baby is born. Whatever choice you make, we will support you through the entire process and make sure it’s a safe transition to the adoptive family you choose.
Remember, You Decide Everything for Your Unplanned Pregnancy
When finally telling your family and friends, one of three things may happen. One is that your family and friends are shocked but want to help you in any way you can. Another possibility is that both parties don’t think you are choosing the right course of action or may not want any part in it. The third possibility is that either one group supports you and wants to help, and the other may not want to get involved. Either of these possible scenarios may seem terrifying. You may start to feel alone. However, always remember Adoption Choices of Kansas is here for you in every way. We are your support system and will provide everything we can for a smooth pregnancy and to give your child up for adoption to an adoptive family. You will have a place to go to, and many services are available to you.
Mention the Pregnant Help Services We Provide
We provide six adoption services in our adoption agency in Kansas. All of these services will be provided to you. So keep that in mind when discussing your unplanned pregnancy with family and friends.
- Financial Aid- can be towards transportation, medical checkups, food, maternity clothes, and other baby essentials. It can be geared towards housing and providing any necessities you require.
- Housing- A place to stay and live can be provided for you if you have no home or if your home is not suitable for your stage of pregnancy. We can give you options for shelters and other housing during and after the pregnancy is complete.
- Job Placement- This is an opportunity to use your skills, provide a resume, or find an entry-level position that can help provide you financially. We offer programs and job training that can be useful to you if you do not have a job or have recently lost a job. Whatever circumstance, we will help provide.
- Doctor Checkups- You may not have medical insurance or a primary doctor. We have a lot of potential doctors that can help you through this unplanned pregnancy. You get to decide on who you want to see, and we can help you schedule the medical checkups.
- Birth Plan- We will listen to your decisions when creating the birth plan ahead of time. If there are certain individuals you want to have there with you (adoptive family, your loved ones, etc.), then we will accommodate. Your adoption in Kansas specialist will be there to speak on your behalf for any questions or concerns.
- Free Counseling- During this adoption journey, there may be some unresolved feelings and emotions that you want to share with someone. Having counseling can help relieve you of some burdens. This is an opportunity to help you process what is happening now and to plan ahead. Free counseling will be provided for as long as you need. Even after post-placement, we are here to lend an ear.
List Out what Kind of Birth Mother Support You Need
Once you tell your family and friends your plans for adoption for the child, list out what needs and support are required from them to make it a smooth process going forward. Whichever situation you are in, whether there are disagreements or not, the key is to have your plan and affairs in order. Cooperation is key, and as all mature individuals, you are taking this seriously. For those who support you and want to help list out the needs or potential requests, you may want them to help you with. This can create a stronger bond and make the pregnancy less stressful.
Don’t Rush on Making Decisions for Adoption Plan
Putting your adoption plan into action may be terrifying, especially when there is some pressure and expectations you are putting on yourself when you discuss this with your family and friends. To ensure that you properly get through this adoption process, you take your time. When making decisions, don’t rush through them. Adoption agencies in Kansas like, Adoption Choices of Kansas is looking for you to choose what is best for you. We are patient and diligent and here when you need us. Whatever you decide, we follow and help make it happen. Just make sure not to rush on decisions and double-check that it’s what you truly want.
Talking about Adoption and How Our Adoption Agency in Kansas can Help
We hope these 5 tips when talking to family/friends about Kansas adoption, can bring you comfort when planning ahead for your adoption and accepting the aftermath that comes with telling your loved ones and bringing your child into the world. Talking to your family and friends is not easy, especially when you have reservations about what happened. However, don’t blame yourself. Unexpected pregnancies can happen. Remember to keep a good head on your shoulders and do what makes you feel best.
Considering adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071
By: Gabrielle Maya