Choosing Adoption at Any Age: What to Expect
The adoption process can be challenging for a woman who is pregnant. That is why we are here to tell you that you are not alone. Therefore, we at Adoption Choices of Kansas are here to help you to provide the key steps when choosing adoption at any age.
What is a Private Adoption Plan?
Creating an adoption plan will help with the stress that an unplanned pregnancy can cause. That is what Adoption Choices of Kansas will provide for you to help with your process in a step-by-step manner. Having support from adoption agencies near me through your adoption plan will also provide help with counseling support, maternity support, and cost of living. Other supportive adoption agencies in Kansas include Wichita adoption.
Wichita adoption offers a chance for the child to identify with their birth family. Doing this will result in positive notions. Moreover, they provide information to the child about who their birth family is and their history as well.
The Steps within the Private Adoption Plan
Step 1: Reach out to a Professional for Help.
Reaching out to Adoption Choices of Kansas is the best way to start your adoption plan today. We will provide you with all of the support through this process.
Step 2: Finding what’s Best for your Child.
We will provide a selective number of Family Profiles for you to choose for your child and will provide as much information for each one.
Step 3: Choosing the Type of Adoption that is Right for You.
You will be able to choose three types of adoption with our agencies: open adoption, semi-open adoption, and closed adoption.
Step 4: Select a Birth Plan that is best for you.
Regardless of which birth plan you choose, you will not be alone in this process. You can choose whether you want your child’s adoptive family to be in the setting or not, the baby’s birth father, or your adoption counselor.
Step 5: Seeking Counseling post
The post-adoption process is still an emotional time. That is what we are here for! We will provide emotional support and needs during this time as well.
What is the Kansas adoption process, and what are the requirements and steps?
Transitioning from your individualized adoption plan, there is also the overall adoption process! The adoption process is provided with our support to make this journey a safe and comfortable one. We will provide you with your needs to make this process easier. The steps here will provide the next part of your adoption.
- The first thing you need to do is to contact Adoption Choices of Kansas.
- Then schedule a meeting with us to discuss the next part of this process. The options will be set for you to meet with us at a space where you feel comfortable, or we can help you through a video or a phone call. You will need to provide proof of pregnancy through this time.
- Third, you will need to create your adoption plan. Your individualized adoption plan will include important decisions such as your financial budget and your steps for the future.
- Then review and choose an adoptive family. Your Birth Counselor will bring your adoptive family profiles, and you get to choose which one fits you and your child’s needs! After you pick your profile, you will be receiving support financially and will have a place that is secure for you. It is also your choice to meet the adoptive family as well.
- Next is your due date! You will create a plan that will match your hospital birth needs, and you will be making other historical decisions as well. This includes: who will be there with you, who will hold and name the baby, and who will be taking care of you. But nonetheless, your Parent Counselor will be there to help you with your needs at the hospital. The baby will leave with the adoptive family, given your final consent.
- Lastly is post-placement support. This means that you and the adoptive family will agree to have a post-placement communication. At a minimum, it will include letters and pictures. Additionally, expenses will be paid 6 weeks post-delivery, and counseling will be available if needed.
Choosing Your Adoption Plan with Adoption Choices of Kansas
You can follow up with these steps with Adoption Choices of Kansas to answer your questions throughout the whole process of putting a child up for adoption. We want your adoption journey to be meaningful and healthy. Our agency will strive to support you as much as possible. We know how tough this process can be, but just know you are not alone. This journey is meant to be followed with help and support from us. We will follow through with your post-process to ensure you are being taken care of.
Choosing adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us at 877-903-4488 or Text Us at 316-209-2071.