Adoption Post-Placement Services in Kansas While you are here because you are considering adoption in Kansas, you may not only be wondering about the steps it takes while putting a child up for adoption. You may also be questioning your next steps after the birth and finalization of an adoption. You are offered many resources throughout your pregnancy and even after the adoption is finalized with one of the best adoption agencies in Kansas, Adoption Choices of Kansas. In addition, you may be offered financial support and other resources based on the circumstances of your needs during your pregnancy and up to six weeks after the birth and finalization of an adoption. Below, you will find the steps for planning a Kansas adoption and find information on post-placement services in Kansas. If you need adoption help now, please call us at 877-903-4488, text us at 316-209-2071, or visit us at Adoption Choices of Kansas.
How to Give a Baby Up for Adoption
- You will first need to contact your local adoption agency, Adoption Choices of Kansas.
- After contacting us, you will have scheduled your first meeting to discuss your options with an adoption counselor or advisor. You may make an appointment to come into our office, schedule a time for an adoption counselor or advisor to come to you, or even set up a phone call or video call for your first meeting.
- During this meeting, you will create your adoption plan. This includes choosing what type of adoption you would like to move forward with, choosing an adoptive family, and discussing what resources you may need throughout your pregnancy and after the birth.
- There are three main types of adoption in Kansas.
- Open adoption: where you will have direct contact and personal information is shared between you and the adoptive parents.
- Semi-open adoption: where there is some contact, a mediator who will go back and forth between both parties.
- Closed adoption: where there is absolutely no contact or personal information shared. The only thing shared is your medical history.
- After creating your adoption plan, you will then wait for the child’s birth and finalize the adoption.
After reading the information above, you may feel that pregnancy and adoption will be a lot to handle mentally, emotionally, and financially. We will not lie to you and say that it will be easy because it will likely not be. That is why we are here to help you every step of the way in this challenging process. We offer many resources for you during the remainder of your pregnancy and for up to six weeks until you can get back on your feet after the birth and the adoption is finalized.
- We offer financial assistance as far as what is listed below, considering your circumstances.
- Money for food and grocery shopping
- A form of transportation for traveling to and from doctors appointments, grocery stores, or your job if you have one
- Medical expenses regarding your pregnancy
- Maternity clothing
- Safe housing or, if you already are in a safe environment, help with rent and bills
- An active phone service
- We know that pregnancy and adoption may be difficult for more than just finances. That is why we offer other resources for birth parents, such as the ones listed below.
- Emotional support
How Adoption Choices of Kansas can Help You With Adoption Post-Placement
All of these resources will be available based on your needs. Your adoption counselor or advisor will go over information regarding your living situation, finances, and mental preparedness while creating your adoption plan. Once you have chosen what form of adoption you would like to go with and have reviewed the adoptive family’s profiles, and have chosen a family for your child, these resources will become available and be set into motion. When considering adoption in Kansas, Adoption Choices of Kansas is here for you to let you know what all of your options are and help you figure out which route you would like to take. Even though our main focus is to place children up for adoption, we will support you, whatever your choice may be, your pregnancy. So do not hesitate to contact us. Our team is here for you. Choosing adoption is not giving up
. If you need unplanned pregnancy help
now, Adoption Choices of Kansas
serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy
, financial assistance
, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071