All about Kansas Adoptees
By Bruce Kong
The month of November is National Adoption Month, and if you’re a mother struggling with an unplanned pregnancy and looking for a Wichita adoption agency, then you are on the right website. When you look up the phrase “Adoption agencies near me,” the results can range from different adoption agencies. Here at Adoption Choices of Kansas, we assist mothers who cannot afford resources and need pregnant adoption help due to unfortunate circumstances that have occurred in their lives. Our focus is only on you.
Thoughts like, “I can’t take care of my baby,” will harm your mentality, and we can’t blame you for saying that to yourself. An unplanned pregnancy is scary, and when you’re going through it alone – the idea of considering adoption is never the first thought. Just know you are not alone.
If you are a birth mother who has thought to herself, “I put my baby for adoption,” then you’re at the first step of the process. But with that said, it’s nice to understand what the term adoptee means and what the adoption process looks like for them.
Who is the Adoptee?
An adoptee is a child who has been adopted at a young age and legally taken into another family. This occurs when the birth mother can no longer provide for their child or has had an unplanned pregnancy.
How adoption works and What the Process Looks Like for the Adoptee.
- First, a couple will put together an adoption plan for a better layout of where to look; they will consult an adoption professional to set up a time to meet with a birth mother who is putting a child up for adoption.
- Next, after an agreement and paperwork are processed, the adoptive parents and birth parents await the child’s birth!
- After that, the adoptee becomes a permanent member of the adoptive parent’s family.
What Goes on in The Mind of an Adoptee After they Grow Up and Learn They are Adopted?
This question can be a sensitive topic since no one knows what adoptees struggle with, but it can involve psychological issues.
- A common one is a feeling of abandonment by the adoptee’s birth parents. There is no age for when this feeling ingrains itself in the adoptee’s thoughts, and sooner or later, grief and loss will come into play.
- Rejection has a way of permitting into an adoptee’s life after grief and loss, and much of it has to do with an adoptee believing that their birth parents do not love them anymore. But that’s where the adoptive parents come in and guarantee that the adoptee is loved unconditionally.
- Sometimes guilt will roll in and accompany rejection. The adoptee will believe that they’ve been disloyal to the adoptive parents and believe that they need to do everything to make their adoptive parents happy.
- Self-identification is important in an adoptee’s life; there is a disconnect between their original culture and their adoptive family. In the future, the adoptee will want to explore their roots to learn more about racial differences.
That all Sounds Terrible for the Adoptee! Is There Anything Good That Comes Out of the Adoption?
That is an excellent question, but every adoptee will struggle with self-identity; however, it’s not a phase but a natural stage for them to reflect on. That’s where their birth parents come into the picture.
- Birth parents will do everything to ensure their adopted child will feel loved and welcomed. But it is based on the birth parent’s patience to walk each slow step with their child. And The best part about the adoptee’s life is they’ll grow up in a two-parent household!
Brothers & Sisters
- Having siblings is important in the adoptee’s life, too – without siblings – the adoptee could have a hard time forming relationships with other people.
A Bright Future
- One of the few benefits of adoption is that future opportunities will be available for the adoptee to pursue an education and career. Along with some financial stability, a birth parent’s passion will positively affect the adoptee.
- Other Extracurricular involvement
- Attention to detail on their mental health
- They will understand that regardless of being adopted – they were chosen from the beginning.
Performing a broad internet search like “adoption agencies near me” will leave you with multiple agencies to choose from, and it’s time-consuming. Here at Adoption Choices of Kansas, we understand the Kansas adoption requirements. We will walk a path with you that ensures your baby’s safety and will not stop until the adoption process is complete.
Choosing adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071