Choosing Adoption at Nine Months Pregnant
Imagine you are in your last month of pregnancy and you are about to have your baby. You are feeling incredibly excited yet, at the same time, you feel you might not be able to fulfill your parental duties to your child. So, you start to think about options you should take to help your baby out. You may have some of the following questions:
- Is it too late for you to pursue adoption with your baby?
- At what age will it be too late for you to put your baby up for adoption?
- If you choose to go through the adoption process, what will it be like?
These are all natural questions to think about when you’re in this situation. However, you should not worry about them because while going through your adoption process, it should be a positive experience for you. Don’t feel discouraged! You have time to do this!
Don’t worry, because there is great news for you! Even if you are in your final trimester, choosing adoption at nine months pregnant is still possible! You should consider contacting one of our professional medical experts, birth mother counselors, social workers, legal representatives and case workers at Adoption Choices of Kansas, who will be happy to help you throughout your process!
It’s never too late to choose adoption
No matter what stage you are at with your pregnancy, you will be able to put your child up for adoption at any age. It is never too late! If you feel you want to go through this process with them, you can! But by going through this process, you will be giving your child a chance to live a better life.
The adoption process is for birth mothers like you, who want to help create a happy life for your child, and to find a family who will take care of, nurture and love your baby for the rest of their life. You can go through this process at any point during your pregnancy stage!
This process is meant to be nothing but positive for you and your baby to go through, because you are allowing for your child to go on to live a more promising life with an adoptive family that will provide for them.
As a result, you will not only feel fulfilled, but also comforted knowing you made the best decision for your child. Again, we will be happy to help you get started with your adoption process and will be with you from start to finish!
Being Emotionally Motivated and Invested in Choosing Adoption for Your Child
When you are going through your birthing and adoption process, each share the commonality that both are monumentally emotional for you. Choosing adoption at nine months pregnant is an important decision for you to make for your child. During the beginning stages of your adoption process, you may feel uneasy. However, after being reassured that your child will be happy in the future with their new life, you will feel incredible about your decision later on.
We will be here to help relieve you of any stress you are experiencing during your pregnancy, and adoption stages. We want to create a positive, uplifting environment for you and your child because you both deserve to be happy, and have no worries while going through this process.
During this time, you will need a strong support system to help you through your process, and afterward as well. Through our professional birth counselors, we will provide you with 24/7 support for free, before, during and after your adoption process. You will need time to recover and come to terms with what happened. We will be here to help you get through this emotional time always.
Your Process will be Expedited
Instead of going through a regular adoption process, yours will need to be sped up. We will help you every step of the way with your after-delivery adoption process. You will still have control over how you want your process to be done. These are the following steps you should be advised to take when going through your expedited adoption process:
- You will choose to pursue an after-delivery adoption at the hospital, or while in labor with your child.
- We will contact one of our professional representatives to walk you through your baby’s adoption process.
- You can choose your baby’s adopted family. We will provide you with various profiles of prospective, waiting adoption families who would be the right fit for your child. These profiles contain information about who the family is and various photos showing what lifestyle they can provide for your child.
- We will provide you with an adoption specialist who will be able to contact your baby’s chosen adoptive family quickly.
- If your chosen adoptive family decides to accept, then you will be able to take the opportunity to speak with them either on the phone, or in person when they come to meet you and your child.
- You will have limited time to be acquainted with one another during and after your process, but you will be able to build a stronger relationship in the future.
- Once the meetup has happened between all three parties, and you are satisfied with the conditions of your adoption agreement, then you will sign away your parental rights and the adoptive family will retain full custody of your child, finalizing the process.
Adoption Choices of Kansas will be here for you and provide you with post placement support and counseling sessions to help you after going through such an emotional process. Even though it may not seem like it, going through the adoption process with your baby will create an everlasting relationship between all three parties involved. Over time, you will be able to develop and strengthen your relationship with your child and your child’s chosen adoptive family.
You will be able to keep in touch with your child through getting updates from your chosen adoptive family, and will be happy knowing your child is doing well, is healthy and safe.
Choosing Adoption at 9 months pregnant
Going through this process will be both life-altering and positive for you. It does not matter what stage you are at in your pregnancy, adoption is still possible for you and your child. We will be here to support you always!
Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond, please call us or text us to learn more!
Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071
Meet the Author: Andrew William Orihuela is a bilingual graduating senior from Hofstra University who loves writing and helping others. He can be found working in the kitchen as well. Helping others and journalism have always been strong passions of his since he was young. As a hard-working college student, Andrew has spent his last four years writing and gaining experience within the journalism field, producing works for both print and broadcast journalism. He gained recognition for his latest works becoming a member of the Lambda Pi Eta Communications National Honor Society in 2018. He also gained experience in writing for broadcast television and radio from creating news and sports story packages.
From working in sports and news radio, he helped his award-winning college radio station, WRHU Radio Hofstra University, to become a three-time National Association of Broadcasters Marconi award-winning station within the United States in 2019, which is given to the best college station in the country.