Counseling support for an unplanned pregnancy in Kansas with Adoption Choices
Going through an unplanned pregnancy can be difficult. One of the hardest parts is knowing that you will be alone through the process. Although, there is great news for you! You will never be alone when you are going through the adoption process, because you will have a full staff of birth mother counselors, social workers, legal representatives and case workers on hand ready to support you at any time.
At Adoption Choices of Kansas, we are determined to provide you with excellent counseling support for an unplanned pregnancy.
We Offer Various Types of Support for You
Through our agency, we will provide you with various resources that will offer you support throughout your unplanned pregnancy:
- Offering you ongoing care and free counseling, so we will be able to ensure that you and your baby receive the proper amount of prenatal care you need while going through your unplanned pregnancy.
- One-on-one sessions with our professional birth mother counselors who you can speak to about how you are feeling and what you are going through.
- Post placement counseling for after you have had your baby, so you can have extra support. Through this, we can also supply you with useful resources, such as local support groups.
You will be Provided with Various Services to Help You through Your Pregnancy
While you are dealing with your unplanned pregnancy, we will offer you a plethora of services to make sure your process runs smoothly. Our services include:
- Financial support: When you are nursing your child, you will not have to worry at all about having to pay for anything during your process because we will help, and assist you by covering everything for you financially
- Providing appropriate nutritional food plans that you can follow, Food Stamps, continuous grocery store expenses, and WIC food programs so both you and your baby will be in good health throughout your unplanned pregnancy
- Housing support: We will help cover your living expenses, so all you have to focus on is your unplanned pregnancy
- Providing you with a comfortable, relaxed, positive living space for both of you, so you will not have to deal with any unnecessary stress during your process
- Medical Care: At Adoption Choices of Kansas, we will help supply you with sufficient free medical care, because you deserve to be well taken care of and to have the best support system possible and have a positive experience the whole way through. We will help you apply for a sufficient amount of Medicaid during your unplanned pregnancy.
- Prenatal Care: Our medical professionals will be happy to assist you in giving free prenatal care for you and your baby.
Options for Finding Support Groups that will Help You as Well
In addition to all of the services that we offer you, you can find support groups that will help you get through your process.
By utilizing social media platforms — such as Meetup, Facebook and Google — you can connect with fellow birth mothers who are going through the same process.
- Meetup: You can easily look up other groups you know of and create group chats with members who are in them. Through MeetUp, you will be able to meet, become acquainted with and fully establish a strong support group of other birth mothers who will be here for you always.
- Facebook: You can search for support groups created for women who have gone, are going through or will go through an unplanned pregnancy. You can also like and follow our birth mother sites and have another way of connecting with us.
- Google: You can search for local support groups near you that you can go to for support. For instance, by using “birth mother support group near me” or something similar, Google will list any and all local options and provide websites for you to gain more insight into each one.
From being a part of these groups, you will be able to have a group of individuals who you can fall back on, understand you and know where you are coming from. You will be able to feel that you are part of another “family,” because you will be associated with a group of women who will offer the emotional support you need to get through your unplanned pregnancy, as well as afterward, and who will not let you feel alone anymore.
You will Always have a Support System to Lean On
No matter where you are in your unplanned pregnancy process, counseling support will be given to you all the way through. All of the services and groups we offer at Adoption Choices of Kansas are endless, because we are dedicated to helping and supporting you anyway we can! You should never feel alone throughout your process, because you will never be alone! We are here for you and your child always! We will give you support whenever at all times, because you deserve to have a positive experience while you are going through your unplanned pregnancy!
Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond, please call us or text us to learn more!
Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071
Meet the Author: Andrew William Orihuela is a bilingual graduating senior from Hofstra University who loves writing and helping others. He can be found working in the kitchen as well. Helping others and journalism have always been strong passions of his since he was young. As a hard-working college student, Andrew has spent his last four years writing and gaining experience within the journalism field, producing works for both print and broadcast journalism. He gained recognition for his latest works becoming a member of the Lambda Pi Eta Communications National Honor Society in 2018. He also gained experience in writing for broadcast television and radio from creating news and sports story packages.
From working in sports and news radio, he helped his award-winning college radio station, WRHU Radio Hofstra University, to become a three-time National Association of Broadcasters Marconi award-winning station within the United States in 2019, which is given to the best college station in the country.
When he is not writing stories, Andrew enjoys cooking, helping around the house, going for walks, working out, watching sports on television and relaxing with his family and pets. He lives in New Jersey with his Mom and his extended family.