Finding Birth Mother Support this Holiday Season from Adoption Agencies in Kansas
It’s the holiday season, and you are having trouble finding an agency and birth mother support in Kansas. Adoption Choices of Kansas can provide assistance in creating an adoption plan and provide birth mother support that is needed. We know this is a stressful time for you. Making these decisions can be difficult. But we are here to guide you and listen to your wants and needs.
Why Might I Need Support for My Unplanned Pregnancy?
- The Holiday Away from the Baby- You may be wondering if you’ll be able to see your child around the holidays. Whenever your due date is, it may concern you if you are unable to see the baby. Depending on the adoption plan you choose, you must consider that possibility. If you feel that closed adoption is best, then do it. If open adoption is best, then choose that plan. Whichever plan you may choose, it will still be hard not to interact with the child you gave birth to.
- Post Placement Aftermath- Having completed the adoptive family placement, you are still processing everything. Giving up your baby in Wichita isn’t easy. Having birth mother support and other resources can be a lifeline that you can use to reintegrate with society again. Processing your emotions and grief is necessary and can be a lengthy process. Don’t feel rushed.
- No Support System- You may have a family that disapproves of your decision and won’t give you any form of support. Your circumstances may be that you aren’t financially ready or have a home. Whatever circumstance you have provides no support. Adoption Choices of Kansas will stand-in.
- Postpartum Depression- This is one of the mental health problems that may happen to you during or after the adoption is complete. Remember, it’s okay to feel these things during and after pregnancy. Just know that there are options for counseling and therapy for you to talk about what you are going through. You are not alone in this, and your feelings are valid and important to us.
How Do I Put My Baby Up for Adoption in Kansas?
We at Adoption Choices of Kansas are a private adoption agency that can help assist you in putting your baby up for adoption. If you are a birth mother in Kansas, our services are available to you.
The first step is to contact our number or go to our site at Adoption Choices of Kansas to schedule a meeting with an adoption specialist. During this meeting, you will discuss your adoption options that will help you figure out which kind is right for you.
What are My Adoption Options in Kansas?
There are three basic adoptions to choose from. There is closed, open, and semi-open adoption.
Closed adoption is when no information about you or the adoptive family is known. No personal information is exchanged. Everything is anonymous. All you will find out is the basics about the adoptive family and if they are cleared locally, medically, and federally to be able to adopt a child.
Open adoption is when all information is shared. If you are comfortable with the adoptive family knowing your situation, personal information, and medical information, then they are the family for you. You will also find out all their personal medical information. After the adoption process is complete, you will have more open communication with the adoptive family. You can schedule to meet in person or on video call. You will get updates on your child’s upbringing through emails, letters, and photos. This type of adoption can create a bond with the child so they may learn your decision and why you made it one day.
Five Ways for Birth Mothers to Receive Support
- Family, friends, spouse, partner- Having these people as a support system can help you through your adoption plan and post-placement. Family is the most important thing to have during the adoption process.
- Therapist or Counselor- Before and after the adoption process, counseling and therapy are offered from Adoption Choices of Kansas. Your mental health is important to us. Having someone to vent your concerns to is important.
- Adoptive Family Assistance- You may need support financially and medically during this adoption process. Financial aid can be an option but may not cover everything. The adoptive family can request the private adoption agency in Kansas to provide assistance where they can. This can create a bond and make it easy for you. They can provide help with medical checkups, food, rent, and transportation.
- Online Support- You may or may not have family support, but that doesn’t mean support can’t be found in other places. Online groups can help you connect with other birth mothers who have made the same decision as you or have similar circumstances. This can provide friends and clarity on worries or feelings you may be struggling with.
- Financial Aid- Financial aid is a possible option that can provide assistance with medical visits with the doctor, food, transportation, rent, maternal clothes, and other options. If your living situation is difficult, financial aid can provide a place for you that accommodates during the adoption plan. At our private adoption agency in Kansas, we can provide as many resources as needed to make this adoption process simple and easy for you.
These birth mother support options are available to you this holiday season and all year round. We at Adoption Choices of Kansas can help you create an adoption plan in any area of Kansas. We will list all the possible resources and support you need for this to work. You are not alone this holiday season, love and family will find you through our support.
Choosing to put your child up for adoption is not “giving up”. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071
Meet the Author: Gabrielle Maya is a recent graduate from New Jersey City University, earning her Bachelor of English Creative Writing and Minor in Women’s Gender Studies. She specializes in writing about topics regarding women, pop culture, books, and DIYs. Her blogs and articles have appeared on The Red Eye Media Group, Kiss and Tell Magazine, and Bookstr. She has also written poetry and flash fiction for New Jersey City University’s online Hype Magazine. Gabrielle also has a bookstagram where she posts daily reads. She enjoys streaming her favorite Korean Dramas, Anime. She is a bookworm to the core, reading several titles a week ranging from fantasy, poetry, fiction, and dystopian. She is social media savvy and creates visual content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. She loves analyzing novels and having open, controversial conversations. Her writing is geared towards women because of her past insecurities with her body and voice. Gabrielle is a quick learner and open to writing any type of content.