Holiday Birth Mother Resources and Support for an Unplanned Pregnancy in KS
It’s the holiday season, and we understand the hardship an unplanned pregnancy can be for you. You made a tough choice to place your child into adoption. However, you find these emotions and feelings overwhelming. You don’t know how to manage these emotions while planning your adoption plan. At Adoption Choices of Kansas, we provide birth mother support and resources for your holiday birth. This holiday season and all year round, we provide several kinds of support that will help you physically, emotionally, and financially. The holidays are about family and knowing that you are not alone. Adoption Choices of Kansas is your family. You will find an extended family in the most unlikely places through our birth mother resources.
Birth Mother Counseling and Support for the Holidays
- Therapy: There are various kinds of therapy that you can choose from. If you are comfortable with one-on-one sessions, cognitive behavior, group therapy, and more. We provide therapy during your Kansas adoption process and after the adoption is complete. We are here for you and give you the opportunity to speak to someone and others about your hardships with this journey and any other thoughts and concerns you have about yourself. Know that your decisions are valid and important to us.
- Support Group: We provide support groups for you to reach out to. Going through this may seem like a solo battle. However, several birth mothers have felt the same as you. A support group is a way to have a group of people who can understand exactly where you are coming from and give you a new perspective. Don’t be afraid to share your emotions and feelings with these women. We provide a safe environment for you to vent and process your grief, anger, shock, sadness, whatever it is you may be feeling. Know it’s okay to have a safe space just for you and to face those issues during and after your adoption process.
- Birth Mother Retreat: You may still be processing your Wichita adoption and grieving. One way we bring unity to all birth mothers is to have a retreat. This is an opportunity to get your mind off of your worries. However, we encourage and push you to face your fears and worries. You are not alone. Many birth mothers have experienced what you are going through. Given everyone’s unique experiences, it’s great to have a group of people who will understand you while you enjoy some relaxation and learning coping skills to process after the adoption.
- Financial Help: The adoptive family and the agency can provide for you when it comes to financial assistance. Financial assistance can be to pay for transportation, medical checkups, clothes, groceries, and rent. These are things that you may be struggling with. Your physical health is our priority. We want you to be taken care of and focus on your Kansas adoption plan. The baby also needs to be safe and healthy. We are happy to cover these fiances so you can be in good health.
- Medical Assistance: If you are unable to afford any medical care. Our financial assistance can help pay for your medical appointments. Suppose you are well-financed but cannot find a place that takes your insurance, or you don’t have insurance. In that case, we will be able to find a doctor who is sympathetic towards your situation and will help with your daily pregnancy checkups before the baby arrives. Even when the baby is born, we will find a hospital that will accommodate you and treat you well. We want the birth process to be simple and comfortable.
- Housing: You may be homeless and don’t have a home to go to, your family may not agree with your decision and ask you to leave, your living arrangements may not be convenient for an unplanned pregnancy. If these reasons or any other reason prevents you from having the proper living space, we can help provide housing for you during your adoption process. Having a roof over your head can help you emotionally and physically. Your health is our priority, and we want you and your child to be cared for.
Adoption Choices of Kansas is the best local adoption agency to provide the best mother resources. The holidays can be hard. We want to make sure you have a plan. If you are a birth mother in need of support in any form, we will be happy to take your call/email and schedule an appointment with an adoption specialist, case manager, or advisor.
Choosing adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071
Meet the Author: Gabrielle Maya is a recent graduate from New Jersey City University, earning her Bachelor of English Creative Writing and Minor in Women’s Gender Studies. She specializes in writing about topics regarding women, pop culture, books, and DIYs. Her blogs and articles have appeared on The Red Eye Media Group, Kiss and Tell Magazine, and Bookstr. She has also written poetry and flash fiction for New Jersey City University’s online Hype Magazine. Gabrielle also has a bookstagram where she posts daily reads. She enjoys streaming her favorite Korean Dramas, Anime. She is a bookworm to the core, reading several titles a week ranging from fantasy, poetry, fiction, and dystopian. She is social media savvy and creates visual content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. She loves analyzing novels and having open, controversial conversations. Her writing is geared towards women because of her past insecurities with her body and voice. Gabrielle is a quick learner and open to writing any type of content.