How the Modern Adoption Process Works For You
When considering adoption, you may feel yourself stacked against a mountain of questions. How do you start the adoption process and what are the best available options? At Adoption Choices of Kansas, you will be able to navigate through all your fears that come with choosing adoption. Take comfort in knowing that there are clear and informative resources that will help you make the proper decisions throughout the adoption journey.
Before trying to make any decisions, you must familiarize yourself with adoption in Kansas and what the process looks like. Within Kansas, there are a variety of adoption choices that are designed to help you make a plan that will suit you and the life of your baby. You will be able to take full advantage of the resources given to you for a successful and meaningful adoption. Many women benefit from Kansas adoptions, and you can be one of them.
What Does the Modern Adoption Process Look Like?
Adoption Choices of Kansas will provide you with a transparent and easy-to-understand approach to your adoption plan. After you have made the decision to benefit yourself and your unborn baby through adoption, you will be able to go through each step of the adoption process. Look through each part outlined below for a clear outlook of what you need to do.
- Step 1: Contact Adoption Choices of Kansas.
- Step 2: Schedule a meeting with a Birth Parent Counselor.
- Step 3: Create your adoption plan with your Birth Parent Counselor. Your adoption plan will be centered around making important decisions about the adoption and your financial needs.
- Step 4: Review and choose your adoptive family with your Birth Parent Counselor. You will be able to select among adoptive family profiles that you feel will best match you and your baby’s needs. A varying level of openness with the adoptive family will allow you to meet them and maintain contact throughout your pregnancy.
- Step 5: On your due date, the adoptive family will leave the hospital with your baby. You will have a birth hospital plan made prior to your delivery date, and your Birth Parent Counselor will be at your delivery date for support.
- Step 6: Receive Post-Placement Support. You will already have post-placement communication agreed upon prior to your due date. Counseling and emotional support will be available to you.
What Types of Adoption Are Available During the Adoption Process?
There are three types of adoption available to you: Open Adoption, Closed Adoption, and Semi-open Adoption. It is important to fully understand what options you have before making a decision. Review each of the types of adoption below so that you make the choice that will best benefit yourself and your child
- Open Adoption: With an Open Adoption, identifying information such as names, phone numbers, and contact info will be shared with the adoptive family. In most cases, you will meet in person with the adoptive family and stay in contact throughout your pregnancy, birth, and post-placement. You will decide upon the level of openness you want with your adoptive family before the adoption process is finalized. Different forms of contact after the adoption process can include emails, letters, pictures, phone calls, and in-person visits.
- Closed Adoption: In a Closed Adoption, you will never meet the adoptive family during the adoptive process. Adoption Choices of Kansas will choose the adoptive family for your child. You will have little to no information about the adoptive family.
- Semi-open Adoption: If you choose semi-open adoption, non-identifying information will be shared between you and the adoptive family. Semi-open adoptions typically consist of exchanging letters, photos, and emails. Depending upon your adoption plan, you can have pre-birth, face-to-face meetings with the adoptive parents. However, there usually isn’t any post-placement contact, in-person visitation, or direct communication with your child in a semi-open adoption plan.
What Resources Are Available to You When Considering Adoption?
Choosing your child for adoption is always free for you. You will have assistance with finding prenatal care and health care along with access to counseling throughout your pregnancy and after the adoption process. If you’re worried about financial assistance, Adoption Choices of Kansas offers pregnancy-related services depending on your needs and the amount allowed by the State of Kansas. You will work with your Adoption Counselor to determine living expenses when considering adoption. Eligibility for financial assistance after delivery caps off after six weeks post-delivery and varies by circumstance.
What Are the Benefits of Adoption for You and Your Child?
The decision to choose adoption for your child is personal and emotional. Whatever the reason may be, you need to ensure that your child is set up for the best possible life after birth. With a carefully made plan, you can have the adoption for your child that will bring you peace and comfort. You will be able to choose from a variety of adoptive parents that you feel may meet the criteria of a successful family for your child. You will always get to make the final decision of which adoptive family to proceed with during the process. Never at any point will you feel uncomfortable with the adoptive family that you get to choose for your child.
How the Modern Approach to Adoption Can Benefit You
With a simple and effective format, Adoption Choices of Kansas will set you up with adoption agencies in Kansas that will suit your needs. When you choose adoption for your child, you will gain a clear grasp of how to proceed with the adoption process that is right for you. You will be able to have a calm mind while having the resources needed for your pregnancy and adoption plan. The life of your child is your top priority, so know that you have an abundance of options available to benefit you and your child after adoption. A proper plan will allow you to have the ideal life for both you and your child.