Need Help Processing Your Unplanned Pregnancy?
Being an unexpected pregnant woman can have you feeling all sorts of emotions. Choosing adoption can be a difficult decision for many. You may be scared and have many unanswered questions. We sympathize with you and understand that there are many reasons for this decision, which are all valid. If you are a birth mother in the state of Kansas, Adoption Choices of Kansas is a local adoption agency that offers all kinds of services. We can help you plan step by step the adoption you want. You have full control of what happens, and you will feel prepared. We know how hard it is to give up your baby for local adoption. If you have unresolved feelings, tension and feel mentally pained, we can help you decipher them, keep reading for more information.
5 Emotions You May Feel During Your Unplanned Pregnancy
- Anger: Rage can occur during this time. You may project it on others. You may be angry at yourself and your decisions. You may be very hard on yourself due to this unexpected pregnancy that you weren’t ready for or planned to happen.
- Sadness: You may be sad, which can lead to crying. You may feel this way because of guilt, anger, grief, and relief. You may be panicking and overwhelmed, not knowing what to do and how to process this adoption.
- Grief: Having to give up your child can be one of the reasons for feeling grief. You have suffered a loss, and you may feel guilt and responsibility. There may have been a negative stigma towards adoption that has you feeling regretful. You may be thinking that adoption is an easy out, that your desire not to have a child now or never is wrong. Metaphorically speaking, you are losing a child. It may feel like a death.
- Guilt: You may feel this emotion because you are not ready to have a child or see yourself as a mother. Guilt can be influenced by negative adoption stigma. You may feel like you are abandoning your child when you are really doing a selfless act of love.
- Relief: You may feel this emotion because you do not have to hold responsibility for a child you weren’t planning to have. Another reason is that you may feel relief because adoption is an option, and you are not ready to have a child now.
Any of these emotions can lead to depression and anxiety, which are normal. We offer free counseling that has no timeline. We want you to be able to receive help in processing, analyzing, and navigating your emotions. We have professionals you can trust to speak your mind and have no judgment. Going through adoption can be mentally and physically draining and difficult. We want to lessen the burden of the journey by providing healing options. Free counseling is one of the many services we offer.
Kansas Pregnant Adoption Help
You may have all these emotions and feelings to navigate and work through. During your time through this Wichita adoption process, we at Adoption Choices of Kansas can offer you several services that can assist you.
- Housing is available to you if eligible. We have selected options that are catered to you and your location. We want you to feel comfortable and safe in a home. During the duration of your adoption, you can continue to get back on your feet for a few more months in this affordable housing. We want to make sure that you are managing well after the adoption process and have a safe space to go back to.
- Birth Plan is what you discuss with your doctor. You have to think about the following questions: do you want any family/adoptive family/ friends in the delivery room? What location do you want to give birth to? Do you require pain relief medicine? Do you want a natural birth or a c section?
- Medical Assistance can be provided regardless of whether you have medical insurance or a primary doctor or not. We offer a list of potential doctors for you to choose from. These medical checkups will happen on a daily basis. You will discuss your birth plan and check on your health and the child’s.
- Counseling, as mentioned before, can help you process your emotions and feelings about this adoption and yourself. We want you to feel safe in our space. We offer one on one sessions or group sessions. Regardless of what you choose, our goal is for you to process what you went through and heal at your own pace. There is no fixed timeline to heal and understand yourself. We encourage you to take the time you need, even after the adoption process is over.
- Financial Assistance can be used to help you financially find a home for rent, transportation, medical services, groceries, maternity clothing, phone bill, and other important expenses. We offer loans and grants that can be for a job or educational opportunities.
Adoption Choices of Kansas is a local adoption opportunity to help you. We want every woman to feel welcomed and cared for. Dealing with the emotions that come with this unexpected pregnancy is normal and valid. We want you to take your time planning your adoption and also to receive the help that will be good for your physical and mental health. No matter what adoption choices you make, we want you to feel accepting and satisfied with all your decisions with our assistance.
Choosing adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071
Meet the Author: Gabrielle Maya is a recent graduate from New Jersey City University, earning her Bachelor of English Creative Writing and Minor in Women’s Gender Studies. She specializes in writing about topics regarding women, pop culture, books, and DIYs. Her blogs and articles have appeared on The Red Eye Media Group, Kiss and Tell Magazine, and Bookstr. She has also written poetry and flash fiction for New Jersey City University’s online Hype Magazine. Gabrielle also has a bookstagram where she posts daily reads. She enjoys streaming her favorite Korean Dramas, Anime. She is a bookworm to the core, reading several titles a week ranging from fantasy, poetry, fiction, and dystopian. She is social media savvy and creates visual content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. She loves analyzing novels and having open, controversial conversations. Her writing is geared towards women because of her past insecurities with her body and voice. Gabrielle is a quick learner and open to writing any type of content.