When you’re making your decision if you should choose adoption, it may be helpful to consider the following things:
- Your life now. What’s most important to you in your life at the moment? This might involve many things, such as family, friends, work, and education.
- Your future. What are your hopes and aims for the future? Think about all aspects of your life.
How would these things be affected if you:
- continue with the pregnancy and become a parent
- end the pregnancy by having an abortion
- continue with the pregnancy and choose adoption
Another way of thinking about your situation is to consider how the statements below make you feel.
- I feel ready to be a parent and bring up a child.
- I don’t want to be pregnant.
- Having a baby will stop me doing the things in my life that are most important to me.
- I want to have a baby one day but I’d rather wait.
- I am willing to give up other things in my life in order to bring up a child.
- My family would help me if I have a baby.
- My family wouldn’t approve if I have a baby.
- My partner wants to have a baby with me.
- My partner doesn’t want to be a parent.
- I couldn’t go through with an abortion.
- I agree with abortion.
- I’m worried this might be my only chance to have a baby.
- I wouldn’t be able to go through with adoption.
Whatever you decide, it needs to be right for you. It’s your decision and yours alone. Adoption Choices of Kansas is here to help no matter what you decide!