1. Most of the stereotypes about who a birth mother is are wrong. Women who choose adoption comes from all walks of life, all ages, all circumstances, and for any reason in the world chooses adoption. You are brave for exploring this option.
3. There’s No Pressure. An Adoption Choices counselor’s goal is simple: To make sure you understand all of your options, rights and responsibilities. We will help you explore all your options, and find a plan that’s right for you, whether or not it’s adoption or parenting.
4. You Make the Choices. You can choose the family for your child, or you can have us help you. You decide the type of relationship that you would like to have with them, whether it’s an open adoption or not. All of the Adoption Choices families have been thoroughly screened and are excited about parenting.
5. You Have All the Time You Need. Placing your child for adoption is a big decision, and you have time to explore all of your options before you decide. It is common to go back and forth. Even after the child is born. We are here with you.
6. You Sign the Paperwork With an Adoption Choices Counselor. Once you are ready, a counselor will meet with you to sign paperwork. No one is pressuring you to sign anything immediately.
7. Our Doors Are Always Open. We are here to support you long after your placement. You may feel sadness or a sense of loss once your adoption decision is final. That’s totally normal, even expected. We will help you cope with your loss and we hope you will feel free to continue to meet with your adoption counselor. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.