Types of Families to Adopt My Baby
By Bruce Kong
At this stage, you’ve searched “Adoption agencies near me,” and Google shared multiple results of agencies that want to help. Or you narrowed it down to “Adoption agencies in Kansas,” in which case – a round of applause to you for thinking and saving yourself time. The first step was to find an agency, the next was partnering with one, and now comes the most important part: finding a family.
But not just any family – one that will take care of your child and share in the same unconditional love you would share too. It’s a nerve-wracking step in the Kansas adoption process because once you have chosen a family for your child to live with, there’s no turning back (but that’s not entirely true).
How do you know which family to pick, though? In the end, it’s a matter of trust and a slight intuition. This is your child, and who you choose to have them stay with is your decision.
Putting your child up for adoption can be an equally beautiful and challenging unplanned pregnancy option. Adoption is not right for everyone, and that’s okay. For the women who choose this direction, it can provide the amazing life their children merit while giving them the fresh start they need in their lives.
Adoption Choices of Kansas will provide a list of family portfolios for you to review. And we invite you to read through each portfolio with a keen eye. But we will also help you and list a few adopting families that you may encounter during the adoption process!
What Types of People Adopt?
We all come from different backgrounds, and the best part is that in the adoption process is that anyone is allowed to adopt regardless of race, religion, or gender.
- Religious Families- Adoption Choices of Kansas works with families of different Christian denominations which include Catholic, Lutheran, and Methodist. Introducing an adoptee to religion can have its benefits, and the best part is that there will be a community to welcome the adoptee with open arms.
- Transracial Families- This is a common choice in the adoption process, meaning that couples will decide to adopt a child of a different race and ethnicity. This will open the eyes of the adoptee to a diverse community, and it might just challenge the adoptive parents to step outside of their comfort zones and move to a more diverse neighborhood.
- Infertile Couples- It’s not the best news for couples to learn that they cannot get pregnant, and sometimes it’s a sensitive topic for them to talk about. Adopting gives that couple a second chance to raise children and create the family of their dreams.
- Single Parent- Sometimes adoptive parents don’t see the need to raise a child with a spouse and have concluded that they want to raise the child by themself. Generally, women are the common demographic to choose this path, but there are a growing number of single men who are choosing to adopt.
- LGBTQ+ Couples– There is no doubt that same-sex couples deserve a family; adoption exists to help their dreams come true. A child who is adopted by a same-sex couple will become exposed to the joy of the LGBTQ community, and in return, the adoptee might find themselves appreciating them more.
How Can Adoption Choices of Kansas Help?
When you have decided that you are ready to choose a family, we will have a list of family portfolios for you to review; you will work with your adoption specialist and go through each portfolio individually.
There are stages in the adoption process that demand the essential services of a certified professional; adoption choices of Kansas work prospective adoptive families that were screened before becoming available for adoption.
Choosing adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us at 877-903-4488 or Text Us at 316-209-2071.