What is a Private Adoption in KS?
By Bruce Kong
When you were looking up the term “adoption agencies near me,” you may have noticed that there are two kinds of agencies in your search: a public adoption agency and a private adoption agency. Public adoption is known as foster care adoption, and the goal behind this is to return children to their biological parents. There are instances when a child is separated from their home should the situation worsen. Public adoptions are typically less expensive since they are state-funded. Keep in mind that the public adoption agency handles communication for both parties.
Private adoption is the birth mother voluntarily places her child for adoption and creates an adoption plan. Private adoptions are also known as infant adoption, domestic adoption, newborn adoption, or private domestic adoption. They are a little pricier for adoptive parents, but that’s usually because private adoption agencies have a full-scale system for their adoption process. Fortunately, adoption agencies in Kansas prohibit direct compensation of biological mothers for adoption purposes. So if you decide to go the route of public or private adoption, you will not be required to pay a single penny.
What Comes With a Private Adoption?
There are many components when it comes to a private adoption, and these are just a few to help you understand what you will experience when you work with them:
- Full Service- A private or infant adoption is a long, extensive process. There are many steps involved that will require the birth mother’s full attention and participation. Thankfully, private adoption agencies help mothers feel confident and at peace from start to finish.
- Licensure- It may come as no surprise that a license needs to be evident before the adoption process, but it’s important.
- A Wider Selection- Private adoption agencies can be found in your local community. If you’re doing a Wichita adoption, you can be sure to find one that can be custom to your preferences. This enhances your chances of finding an arrangement that genuinely fits and reduces wait times for most adoptive families. Private adoption agencies are responsive and experienced and will put you in the finest situation possible.
- Building Relationships- Partnering with private adoption agencies in Kansas City can create new relationships that will positively impact your life. And this can be done with your adoption specialist and other birth mothers.
What Are the Benefits of a Private Adoption Agency?
There are many benefits when it comes to partnering with a private adoption agency, but how they benefit you will matter the most. Here are a few that you could experience:
- You will have more control over the process and can communicate with your adoption specialist what you are comfortable with. This gives you more control over private adoption processes than any other agency can afford.
- A personal connection with your adoption specialist is vital, and understand that this is an emotional time for you. Your specialist will be there every step of the way when you call.
- You can choose the communication level of your adoption, which means having an open adoption, semi-open adoption, or closed adoption. Many birth mothers will choose the route of an open adoption since it allows them to keep in contact with the adopting family – but more importantly – the adoptee.
- Of course, the ultimate benefit of adoption is that the birth mother is giving adoptive parents a second chance at building a family. You’re doing something special for them and in return, the adoptive parents are eternally grateful to you.
A Private Word for Birth Mothers
Working with private adoption agencies allows you to be versatile with your adoption plan. We understand that this is a sensitive time for you, and we want to do everything we can to ensure that your adoption process runs smoothly.
Choosing adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-209-2071.