What to Do When You are Pregnant and Can’t Parent
By Janae Pabon
Are you an expectant mother who has come to the conclusion that you cannot parent, doesn’t know what to do, and is considering searching “adoption agencies near me”? We understand how scary or stressful this can be.
Adoption Choices of Kansas works with over 100 women annually who have experienced unplanned pregnancy. If you decide that adoption is the right choice, we are here to help you work through the adoption process and find the perfect home for your baby. You don’t need to search any further.
How Adoption Works
The first step you should take to place your baby for adoption in Kansas is to text or call us at our phone number, 316-391-4904, so we can guide you going forward. If you don’t want to call, you can fill out our contact form instead. We are experts in the process and will provide you with support, counseling, and guidance from an adoption agency near you.
After contacting us, you will schedule an initial meeting with a Birth Parent Counselor in person, over the phone, or on video. We are excited to meet with you and help you! At this time, you will provide proof of pregnancy, and your counselor will get to know your circumstances. Our counselors are licensed and will consult you with care. They are committed to serving you, no matter what decision you make.
Next, your counselor will help you form an adoption plan. The plan will help you outline the financial help you need, get prenatal care, find a doctor, and make decisions about the pregnancy itself. These decisions include what kind of adoption you would like (closed, semi-open, or open), guidelines for the family you would like to place your baby in, and more.
After the plan is made, you will review and choose an adoptive family based on your desires for your baby. All families are screened and approved before becoming an official option. Once you have chosen a family to match with, you will begin receiving whatever support you need from the family for the remainder of your pregnancy.
The last step is creating a birth plan to outline the guidelines of the birth itself, like who you would like to be there, the naming of the baby, etc. This ensures that you will be comfortable during the birth.
Why You Should Adopt
We know that being faced with an unplanned pregnancy presents you with many difficult decisions to make. Adoption may not be for everyone, but there are many benefits to choosing the adoption route for your child.
- You are in charge of your choices with adoption. The adoption plan and birth plan that we will work with you to create both make sure that you get to dictate everything about the process.
- Adoption is a way to avoid terminating your pregnancy and, instead, will ensure a home for your baby, even when you cannot care for them yourself.
- Even if you are homeless and pregnant, you can still choose adoption. We will help ensure you are in a safe environment and have a roof over your head during this process.
- The same goes if you are addicted to drugs or alcohol. An adoption is still an option, and we have counselors and programs to help you.
- If you are a teenager or college student, adoption allows you to live out your education and your plans for your future.
- If you still want to be in your child’s life but know you are unable to parent, you can opt for open adoption, where you will be able to be in the baby’s life.
We Are Here to Help with Your Adoption!
Adoption is a great choice for an expectant mother who is unable to parent. If you are a Kansas resident facing adoption in Wichita, Topeka, Cottonwood Falls, or any other city, we are here to help! We are an adoption agency that will ensure that your desires for both adoption and birth are met. We will not judge you nor tell you what to do. Our adoption specialist will simply guide you through this process and help you make choices.
Choosing adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-391-4904.